Monday, March 10, 2008

An update at last!

We apologize for how long it has taken for us to update our blog. Our schedule has been really full! We are in our 35th week of pregnancy and I am getting increasingly bigger and uncomfortable. We checked into the hospital last weekend because I was having contractions every two minutes. They gave me two shots of Terbutaline which finally stopped the contractions. They told us that should stop them, but some people have to go back every other week to get another dose. . . We went back Sunday morning having contractions again. They put me on an oral dose of the Terbutaline and told me to rest a ton. This all happened the week before our CSAP testing which is a state-wide assessment and is really important. I was given a second proctor to be in my room so I could sit for the 4 assessments. Needless to say it was a tiring week. As long as I take the medicine the contractions are sporadic and don't form a regular pattern. I am hoping to continue working until spring break which starts the last full week of March. After that, I am ready for Katie to join us whenever she pleases! The baby room is almost done and the list of things to get done is getting smaller and smaller. We will try to post baby room pics in the next week or so. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.
Becky and Taylor

1 comment:

Ben & Melissa said...

Yay for updates! I've been checking in every once in awhile, and it was fun to read new stories and see so many pictures. You look so great! We'll be praying that those contractions hold off until the perfect time for Katie to be born.