Monday, January 31, 2011
Busy January
January ended up being a lot busier than I thought it would be. Hence, the lack of blog posts. We also have had a lot of sick around here. The doctor said that studies have show that kids who are sicker when they are younger are less sick when they are older so I am trying to embrace the sick:) My cousin Alison came to visit and was it ever fun! I wish she lived closer. So do the kids! We went to Altitude Sweets and Levi got to share a cinnamon roll with his first-cousin-once-removed. (It took me so long to figure that out that I have to use it whenever I can!)
Katie would be shy around Alison at first and then not stop talking about her. How much she loved her and wants to give her hugs.
We went to the zoo. It was a little chilly, but I think we saw a total of 5 other people the whole time we were there. Alison and Katie even got to pet a skunk. I passed on that opportunity. I also figured out a way to get to the zoo that is only 1 minute longer and doesn't have any merges!
I think Levi had the most fun bouncing backward down the staircase.
We took Alison skiing for her first time ever. She did great! I was very rusty and slow. It was so cold. About 11 degrees and snowing all day. It was some of the best powder I have ever skied on! We got a great deal on ski tickets which was negated by the $180 speeding ticket we got on the way up:(
Cousin time! We let the kids start a movie at about 8. I was sure they would be asleep in 10 minutes. The older girls were. Katie was bright-eyed at 10:15 and running around. She was a crank-pot the next day. I love that we have family close that we can spend time with.
Building a giant tower! This is how we spend our nights that Taylor isn't in school. So much fun!
This month wasn't quite the slow-paced refresher month after Christmas that I thought it would be. However, we have spent some great time together with family and friends. We are really trying to make it a point to get back to church. We have missed a lot since November with how sick we have been. I have been able to go the past 2 weeks and it was exactly what I needed. The worship has been amazing and we are starting a new push with life-groups. We have had a life-group since this summer that has been mostly fellowship. We are now starting to really get into the groove and have 5 regular couples. 10 adults and 9 kids. It is wild, crazy and something we look forward to each week. Chuck started again and Survivor is coming soon! Taylor is back to school. I feel like this will be the last long semester and then we only have 1 1/2 years to go. That seems so much better than 2 years for some reason. We are trying to let Taylor have 4-5 hours each Saturday to get a chunk of homework done. Hopefully that will help keep his nights less busy. Have a mentioned yet that Taylor got a promotion at work? I am so proud of him. He works so hard for our family and he is really looking forward to his new role. Hopefully I will get back into the blogging swing now. Tomorrow is supposed to be a high of 1 degree here! Brrrrrr!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment