Saturday, December 10, 2011

Grayson Taylor Andrews

Grayson Taylor Andrews

December 6th 2011

7 lbs 13 oz


Here's the story, complete with all the details:) Sunday night I had contraction every 10 minutes for 4 hours. I was so tired the next morning and bummed to wake up and still not have Grayson here. The whole next day I didn't feel very great, was crampy and had a really sore back. I took a nap in the morning while the kids watched Charlotte's Web and trashed the house. I also took an afternoon nap too. I went to bed that night still hopeful that a baby could come, but not expecting too much. At 3:30 I woke up and started having contractions every 10 minutes again. I was determined to not let this opportunity pass and got up and starting walking figure 8's downstairs from the kitchen to the playroom. I was talking myself and praying through bible verses I had picked out that dealt with fear. We had really been praying against a spirit of fear for this delivery. Within an hour my contractions were every 3-4 minutes, though still pretty short. Only 30 seconds to a minute. I woke up Taylor and called my parents. My parents thought it was the snow-tree for school and missed the first call:) We ended up getting to the hospital at 6 and I was just praying they wouldn't send me home. I had told Taylor the night before that I didn't feel like I could take another day like the one before. Thankfully, they didn't send me home and I was checked into a room. I decided to wait a bit to get an epidural because walking seems to progress my labor really quickly and makes me feel better. I walked for about an hour and then my Dr. arrived. I was having severe back labor at this point and was super bummed because I knew Grayson was probably in the wrong position just like Levi had been. That resulted in an exhausting labor and 2 1/2 hours of pushing. We decided to get some Fentanol and try a bunch of different position to try and get him to flip around. The good news was he hadn't dropped yet, so there was room for him to turn. At around 9 I was exhausted and more than ready for my epidural. Taylor was so sweet and talked me through sitting so still while they gave it to me. After the epidural, I continued trying different positions until the epidural started pooling on one side and the contractions were becoming painful again. Taylor had just left the room for a minute when my water broke and they checked me and I had quickly progressed to a 9. I sat up because I felt really nauseous and the nurse came running back in because Grayson's heart had dramatically dropped and she jokingly said, "he probably dropped didn't like you sitting on his head." They checked me again and were surprised to find that Grayson had dropped completely in a matter of minutes and we were ready to push. I remember feeling like, OK, now the work begins. We took one practice push and Grayson was crowning. 2 contraction later he was born. It was by far the messiest birth of the 3. The cord was wrapped around Grayson's neck so they had to quickly cut it. When they did it was so highly pressurized that it sprayed blood all over me. Then when he was born he decided it would be a great time to go to the bathroom, again all over himself and me. That was quickly cleaned up, and I got to snuggle this little guy we have been waiting so long to meet.


Time to Push!

Last picture with a big ol' belly!
Welcome Grayson!

Taylor and I were both in shock that the birth could go so easily.



He is such a cute little old man:)


Katie finally getting to meet her brother. When she woke up and Grandma was at her house she ran to her closet and got her big sis shirt on.

She loves her brother so much.

Our 3 kiddos!


2 comments:

Hannah Leake Mitchell said...

Becky, I'm so glad everything went so smoothly and you have that precious little boy safely in your arms! He is such a cutie! A perfect addition to the family:)

Melissa said...

What a beautiful story, Becky! Thank you for sharing it!