Thursday, September 13, 2012

happy birthday grandpa!

I took the kids to dollar tree to pick out presents for Grandpa. Levi carried around a roll of brown paper packaging because he said, "Grandpa can use this." That was quickly trumped by race-car stickers for obvious reasons. Katie was very careful in her selection. She walked up and down every aisle. She smelled every candle. She thought about floral hair-spray, a flashlight and butterfly wings. I had just headed down the next aisle when I heard her shout, "I found it." She came running around the corner and showed me what she had picked saying, "this is exactly what he wants Mommy!" She picked him pancake mix. I. LOVE. HER. She and Grandpa do love to make breakfast together. She has such a sweet heart and it was adorable to see her so convinced of her gifts perfection. They even wrapped and made cards for Grandpa all by themselves. Grandpa we sure love you!

No comments: