I just realized I never did a snapshot of our lives for 2015. That's one of the symptoms of me being pregnant. A lot of things slid last year. Worth it for the end result, but we are still playing catch up. Might as well do it now because in a few months in January everything will be different! It is shocking how quickly time is going by and things change during this stage of parenting young kids.
Taylor - Working at USAA and loves his role. He is a financial advisor there and truly loves helping people come up with a plan for their finances. He shocks me with how well educated he is about money and investing. He's an amazing dad and loves taking the kids to do fun things. He is really great about seeing when I need some down time and making sure I get it even if he is worn out too. He joined a club at the Air Force Academy and loves to go out to the archery range and shoot his bow. He takes part in two very competitive Fantasy Football leagues and loves rooting for the Broncos. He has gotten really interested in fixing cars and has saved us a ton of money fixing things from brakes to struts and all sorts of other things.
Becky - I have spent the past few moths recovering from a really tough pregnancy. I have to almost retrain my brain how to be productive and not need as much help after a baby is born. I have been loving snuggling with Corrie. She is probably our last baby and that is so bittersweet for me. I still love decorating our home and being creative. I still attend the same playgroup every Monday morning that I have for over 6 years. It has really changed this year with all of us sending a 2nd kiddo to school and the oldest child being 4. I am in the car a lot with school drop offs and pickups and have finally overcome my terror of merging. I have great neighbors that I love hanging out with and we get together often to let kids play and hang out.
Katie - A 2nd grader! She is in a 2/3 combo class this year. I think it will be a good fit for her and really challenge her academically. She makes friends easily and loves to have a lot of different friends. She adores her baby sister. It is amazing the relationship that they already have. No one can make Corrie laugh like Katie can. Katie loves getting her dose of mothering out on someone who appreciates it. Katie loves dolls, barbies, crafting and creating. She is a clutterbug who treasures all the cards, notes, creations and gifts that pass through her life. She has really started to enjoy reading and her writing is getting so much more detailed. She still loves adults and I often get approached from moms who have helped in her class with stories that she tells them about our family. She is really strong for her age and had fun doing gymnastics for a few months till we got pregnant. Now she says she wants to try swimming next.
Levi - Just started Kindergarten. What an amazing transition for him. I wasn't sure how he would handle school and he is thriving. He loves the structure and order. He likes to tell me all the ways he behaved during the day. He has a neighbor boy in his class and they are best buds. He started soccer this year and is loving it. He is very focused and likes to practice with dad. He loves anything building related. Legos, magnatiles, lincoln logs, puzzles. He is way more spatial than me. He loves fishing, the sandbox, dinosaurs, volcanoes and minecraft.
Grayson - 3 and a half and getting used to not being the baby in the family anymore. He is funny. People always comment on it. He loves new situations and is comfortable being dropped off and exploring with mom and dad. He likes a lot of the same things his older siblings do. I am excited to see his own likes start to emerge as he gets older. He likes playing outside and riding his plasma car. He has pretty good gross motor skills and is able to keep up with the big kids no problem. he is our pickiest eater and would live on crackers and cereal exclusively if I allowed it.
Corrie - Already 6 months old. She is squishy and happy. She is a Momma's girl. She adores Katie. She gets toted around everywhere and is pretty happy. I am definitely getting lots of use our of my wrap carrier.
We had a pretty mellow summer. We would love to go camping more, but avoided it with Corrie being so young this year. We meet weekly with the same lifegroup of people from our church. We feel so blessed to have such great friends to walk through life with. Grandma and Grandpa Walker usually have one of the kids every weekend. They spend they night there and watch movies, get cheesy eggs and go in the hot tub. We are so thankful that our kiddos get that one on one time.
I'll hopefully re-update this in January and not let almost an entire year slip by!
No comments:
Post a Comment