Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Corrie's First Birthday




Corrie turned 1 March 17th. We had such a fun time celebrating with family and friends. We had a "somebunny is 1" party. Perfect with her birthday being just before Easter. I was excited to make some decorations that I can pull out every year for Easter too.


I made a simple little smash cake and decorated her high chair.

 We use this chalkboard for all our parties and I really love decorating it!

Singing to our shy little birthday girl.


She wasn't sure what she was supposed to do with the cake and did not love everyone watching her.







We had the best year enjoying Corrie as a baby. When I first started having kids I really struggled through the first year. The lack of sleep, inability to go out without it being a production, nursing, and neediness of a newborn were really hard on me. After having several babies I have truly come to treasure that season. I love that I can put a baby down and they stay put. Night nursing sessions were not stressful because I really know how short a season it is. I grew to love nursing and it's ease and ability to calm a baby. Corrie loves to snuggle and has an easy laugh for her family. She is the most introverted of the kids we have had. She loves routine and her family. She is very slow to warm up to new people and situations. She is a major sleeper! I'm talking 12-13 hour night stretches with 2 2 hour naps each day.  She stopped nursing the week of her first birthday. That's the longest I have ever nursed any of my babies. She has a feisty personality especially with Grayson. I have found that the kids closest in age tend to struggle the most to get along and it seems that that will be the case again. Corrie is definitely assertive when it comes to her things. She loves baby dolls and will snuggle and rock them. She has about ten words. Mommy, dada, love you, please, more, puppy, bye bye, hi, Katie, Levi, and papa. She will sign please and more. As soon as she wakes up every morning she is hungry and starts signing, please! more! and nodding her head.  She loves baths and hates small dogs. She is a terrible teether and can't skip a nap without falling apart. She loves to pretend to color and try to keep up with all her big brothers and big sister. Oh how we love this precious addition to our family.

Happy Birthday Corrie Grace!!

No comments: