Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pulling Up!

This little munchkin is almost 8 months old.

In 8 months I think I can count on 1 hand the number of nights I have slept all the way through.

I think it is a combination of me giving in way easier than I did with Katie, him being sick several times, and a second strong-willed little personality.

I took him to the Dr. yesterday to make sure he wasn't sick. Clear ears - and 5 teeth that are really close to coming in.

The verdict...load him up with food and give him tylenol before bed. Ok. First night=up twice. We'll see how tonight goes.

Some other things he is very particular about:

pureed foods - hates rice cereal, and will eat 2-3 spoonfuls of anything else. He will eat a ton of food if I let him feed himself. So, now we are onto finger foods such as bananas, avocado, cooked apple, cheerios, cheese, and anything else I can get mushy enough for him.
It is a mess. I don't care.

being on his tummy - I can get maybe a minute out of him. He can roll, clap, wave, sit and even pull to standing! But will not get on his knees or tummy. I can see him being one of those kids with the really weird crawl. We shall see...

Katie taking his toys - This is pretty normal I think. He falls to pieces when she grabs toys from him. Which is often. The shriek that comes from him is pathetic. I can see him screaming to get her in trouble in the future.

his pacifier - he will only use these horrible looney-tunes hologram pacifiers. Heaven forbid we ever lose one. We have only two. The other one is purple. If that won't get you called a she I don't know what will.

He also has the best giggles. Loves to watch his sister play. Was a super-camping baby. And, so far, still loves Mommy the best.
Somebody loved the rodeo. This made me deliriously happy. I have visions of us riding our horses together...when she actually came close to a horse she wouldn't touch it...but hopefully she will grow out of that. Sitting up!
We really need to get this kid some boy toys.
Home-made Twilight shirts. Please do not even attempt to sway me to Team Edward. Taylor says he wouldn't want Katie dating either of those freaks...
In other Andrews news:
Taylor is still working on his Master's. And will be for a while. He has had the past 2 weeks off and we have spent each night watching Chuck and eating ice cream. Oh man, Blue Bunny homemade chocolate is a. ma. zing. Like brownie batter that you can eat a bowlful without feeling sick. And I normally really don't like chocolate ice cream.
Katie is potty-trained. No diapers at all!!! Woohoo. She did pee in her sleeping bag at 1:30am while we were camping...more on camping later. She continues to be a prolific talker. Her sense of humor is really developing and she loves to repetatively do things that make us laugh. Like fake cry, make silly faces, and scare Levi. She is very independent and loves to tell me to go somewhere else because she is doing something. Ex: "no Mommy, you go downstairs so I can put on lips."
Levi you got the run-down on.
I am staying home and, as usual, learning contentment in these baby and toddler stages. I love it and it drives me stir-crazy at the same time. I am learning to be content with my amazing common life. Loving my kids, husband, God, family and friends. My house is messy. My unfinished projects are piling up. The dog has shed so much I don't know how he has any hair left. I have cut my grocery budget almost in half! And I hear little feet kicking the wall upstairs, so my time here is done. Hopefully I'll get those camping pics up soon. However, most days it comes down to things like this or a shower and the shower usually wins.



1 comment:

Katie said...

Love the commentary, such is life with small children :). I feel for you on the teething. Henry already has 7 with #8 popping through. When he was first teething he got several in at once and would keep waking up during the night crying. He won't take pacifiers so all I could do to get him to calm down and go back to sleep was feed him. It went on for about a week but it felt eternal at the time. Hopefully Levi will start sleeping well for you soon!