Monday, August 30, 2010

My cute kids and some challenging books.

Katie's Aunt Emmie works at a gym so Katie got to tag along with her. I told her she was going to swing on the bars and she talked about the "granola bars" all morning. She had a blast! I love this girl in pig-tails:)Look at the smile on that boy. He makes my heart melt. I had to take about 10 pictures to even get a smile this good from Katie. She was being ornery and dunking her head in the water. And trying to steal Levi's toys.
He is pulling up on everything! And putting any little thing he can find in his mouth. He is still very wobbly and is falling over a lot! I think that is just the boy part that I am going to have to get used to.
I have been reading a lot of books lately. I call it my drug of choice. My recent selections have included Crazy Love by Francis Chan, and Relentless by David Platt. They were top-sellers on the Amazon Christian books list so I added them to my "to-read" list. (Do you have a Goodreads.com account? I am an addict.) I started with Crazy Love and from the first few pages almost didn't want to read it. It is one of those books that challenges what you believe and isn't content to just challenge your perceptions...it has to challenge you to change the way you live. Well, I did finish reading Crazy Love and am still reading Relentless. I am hearing God tell me to follow and pursue him whole-heartedly. I am taking time to listen to what he is saying and am trying to discern what action he would have me take and actually take it. God has given me examples in my friends and family of what it looks like to act on the leading of God. My pastor at church is challenging us to live in community. This following God thing is hard. I can't do it on my own strength. Which is exciting. And scary. Keep me in your prayers as God continues to challenge and grow my relationship with him.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I've heard the Crazy Love book is really great. Sounds pretty impactful. The following God thing is hard. I have to daily re-check my attitude even with my kids. I also feel the need to get more connected with other moms in my neighborhood. I haven't done a great job in that area. Have you heard of the Craft Hope book? I thought it would be a great anchor point for a sewing/craft group that I could start in our development. Just an idea I've been throwing around.