Taylor and I are working on being more self-disciplined. This is one of the areas we struggle the most with. Whether for valid reasons (lack of sleep/free time/whiny kids) or not (laziness, tv, love of delicious yummy food in all shapes and forms) we are not getting things done that we want/need to and are grumpy because of it. I believe God calls us to lives of discipline. Not strict no fun discipline but a turning away from laziness and selfishness. So I am going on a reverse fast. For the next 30 days I am going to make some changes. Every day. No excuses. Even if it means missing an episode of Glee or an hour of sleep. I am not talking about un-healthy living at all. So here is the list. Join me, nag me or completely ignore this little blog it's up to you:)
1- Wake up time 6 am Monday thru Friday. With a little luck the kids will sleep in and I can have some me time.
2 - Work-out/Move everyday. Go for a walk. Do a work-out tape. I am not going to be picky I am just going to get some exercise.
3 - And this really should have been first. Quiet Time with the Lord daily. I need it. My kids need me to need it and too often this is the first part that gets cut from the day.
4- 15 minute pick-up of the house every night before bed. I love when I do this the next morning but I usually make excuses the night before.
And really that is it. I am not going to have some crazy life-style change. Just a few simple things that will make a world of difference in my life. I am going to continue to take care of my kiddos purposefully and manage our home however imperfectly somedays might be. I will try to update regularly throughout the next month of changes!
No comments:
Post a Comment