Wednesday, October 19, 2011

new floors

So, I have had a little bit of crazy nesting going on over here. Taylor's mom accurately pointed out that since I don't have a new baby room to decorate I am just going crazy on the rest of the house:) I have hated/been embarrassed by/detested our white living room carpet since around the time Katie was born. White carpet is horrible with pets and kids! There were several spots that would never come clean, even with multiple professional cleanings. You cannot begin to imagine the joy in my heart as this horrible carpeting came out!

Dan came over to help rip it all out. Thanks Dan!

We put in new laminate flooring. It is, literally, the cheapest kind we could buy. I love it! Passionately and with my whole heart. love. it. It only took the guys 12 hours to put it in:) There are a lot of weird corners in this room we thought was relatively square. Now all we have to do is re-paint the baseboards. Paint the room. Paint the new kids furniture. Move all the new furniture in. Facillitate the switch to sharing rooms. Take out all the baby stuff and get it sorted and organized. And get a bunch of organizing in the house done that really feels like it HAS to be done before the baby comes. Oh, and lets not forget Halloween, a trip to Pagosa, Taylor's trip to California, Thanksgiving, school, homework, finals and we are having a baby in just over 7 weeks! Woohoo! We are nuts.





No comments: