Easter was really meaningful for me this year. It is every year, but we took the time to really think about the meaning this year. Last week the kids and I made salt dough tombs. After they baked for like 5 hours we colored them with crayons. Thursday night we talked about the Last Supper and washed each other's feet like Jesus washed the disciples feet. We talked about how God wants us to serve each other. Katie really loved doing this. She kept asking if we could wash each other's feet again. Friday we put our pipe cleaner Jesus on the cross, wrapped him in toilet paper and put him in the tomb. We put a rock in front of the tomb too. Levi kept walking around talking about how "Jesus is all bloody." That night we went to a Good Friday service at our church. I was so glad we went. I love the celebration of Easter, but recognizing the sacrifice it took was really powerful. We had a time of worship and then a candle lighting at the end. I hope they do it again next year. We have decided that Saturday is "bunny day" at our house. We woke up Saturday morning, had Easter baskets and dyed eggs. We celebrated with my family on Saturday too. I love that we did it that way this year. It left Sunday morning free to talk about Jesus and get to church. Sunday we woke up and the rock was moved from the tomb and the toilet paper was empty! Katie wanted to know if the Easter Bunny took Jesus. Then she started to think an angel really moved everything at our house. We finally sorted that out and had a great service at church celebrating. That afternoon we had lunch and another egg hunt at Taylor's parents' house. Needless to say, we have a lot of candy around here. It was really fun to start some new traditions. Happy Easter! He is Risen!
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Easter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have pretty minimal editing skills, but send it my way (high res file via email) and I'll see what I can do!
Post a Comment