When I had Katie and stopped working 4 years ago, it was a really tough adjustment for me. I was used to a very fast pace and lots of words of affirmation. Along came Katie and my days were filled with diapers, nursing, and that's about it. I remember trying to read to her when she was like 5 weeks old and thinking, seriously? Now, I am not saying don't read to your young kids, of course you should, but my fast pace was jolted to a stop. I had spent the past 3 years surrounded by kids and people and the 4 before that working where I lived, in dorms. God definitely used that first year to teach me to lean on him and listen for his voice. He also blessed me with a group of moms to travel this parenting road with. Honestly, I don't know what I would do without them. They made it feel normal to feel like a crazy person half the time. We swapped tips and tricks and shared our kids funny sayings. When we started the oldest kiddo was 3 and we had 6 kids between the 4 of us regulars. 3 years later we have 12 kids from 5 to 4 months. There are 4 of us Moms who are "regulars" and a whole crew of Moms who join us when they are able to. It makes the dynamic so great to share so many view-points. It is also great to watch the kids older than yours to gear up for what is coming next...both exciting and dreadful. Here are some pics of the kiddos. Minus 3 of the babies:) We always love to have new mommies join us even if you only come once or every now and then! I truly believe God gave me this group of women to speak truth and life into me as a Mom. They have all helped shape me to become more Christ-like as a Mom, Wife and friend. Their kids have helped mine learn how to share, fight, and be a friend. Love you guys!
1 comment:
And I love YOU. Playgroup is such a blessing to me and my girlies. So glad you invited me way back when.
MP
Post a Comment