Thursday, July 26, 2012

the fair

We went with a bunch of kids to the county fair. This year, as last year, was so much fun! This is one of my top favorite things to do in the summer with the kids. Get ready for some wild animal fun.

Watching a goose get a bath.  We called it a duck and were gently corrected by the 4-h owner. The kids were gently splashed with a little poo-water.  They, of course, loved it.
 Gray woke up that morning with a fever.  It wasn't very high and a little advil knocked it out but he was still really tired. We didn't stay home though: 1-because I freaking LOVE the fair. and 2-because I wanted to present Taylor with 3 living children at the end of the day and I wasn't sure if that could happen if we all stayed home.
Petting the bunny.
 Levi was not all about the pigs.  I can't say I blame him as a kind farmer had just shown us his "pig bite." These pigs looked hungry for little boys fingers for sure.
 A bunch of the playgroup regulars.
 We bought a bag of kettle-corn. It was sooo good.
 Mommy milking a cow.  After waiting in line, both Levi and Katie refused to milk it. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Kind of nice to be the milker and not the milkee:)
 Caught Katie looking comfortable petting the goat.  Most of the time she was slightly hysterical and leaping away from animals.
Gray getting tired and Katie lulling him to sleep by continually being in his space. 4 year old adoration.
 Giant rooster that crowed right in front of us.
 Stokes and Katie petting a pig ear.

 A big difference from the corn last year.
Overall a wonderful time.  I can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

Dane, Kelly, Carter and Landon said...

I loves your comments - I was just cracking up reading this :) Especially about the living children and being the milker - it's probably so funny because I can relate!