Saturday, June 4, 2011

I'm alive...barely.

The first few weeks (18!) are some of the toughest for our marriage and family. The constant nausea and exhaustion really take it out of me. Because of that, things like grocery shopping and house-cleaning, things I normally love to do, are delegated to Taylor. It is a tired, cranky time for the Andrews family. The kids have to adjust to "couch-mommy" which is not an easy transition. I have really worked on cultivating a heart of thankfullness through this time, and though it was just as tough as the previous two pregnancies, God has really used this time to speak to me of his desires for my life and family. On a positive note. I hit 12 weeks and my energy is quickly coming back! Though I still have about 5 weeks of nausea(I'm basing that on the previous pregnancies) the Zofran is really helping. I tried weaning off of it and started barfing so back on I went. Here are the few pics I managed to take in the past few weeks. Sweet Katie. 4 hours into a nap. This child has always been my sleeper. I had to wake her up so that she would sleep that night. Which she did. 12 hours. No, she's not sick. Don't be jealous:)



Space-cadet eyes. I love when kids wake up and they are so out of it. Even zoned out, Katie almost always wakes up happy and ready to go. She and her Dad are so alike. Levi and I like a good 20 minutes of quiet and slow-eye opening to start the day.



How cute is she! She loves wearing a towel on her head like Mommy. I've even gotten a cry or two when I leave her with Taylor. Usually she can't get me out the door fast enough!




The vultures moved in when they saw Daddy had cake. Notice the paper-plates and soda. I don't do dishes or stick to our normal meals in the first-trimester:)



Levi "smiling." I can't stand how cute he is.

Cardboard box fun!

Of course she had to lick the marker.

Taylor helped me dig a veggie garden. The kids loved the wheel barrow!

No comments: