Monday, July 25, 2011

Camping

We went camping with some friends this past weekend and had such a great time. It was so beautiful and a nice break to be away from the house. We only went for one night, but I was ready to sleep in our own beds after that. The kids were up until about 10 and slept most of the night with only one potty break and a few whimpers from Levi. Mommy on the other hand didn't fall asleep until about 3 am. I don't know why I can't sleep when camping! I made sure I had no caffeine all day! The kids were then up and raring to go at 5:30. We managed to hold them off by letting them crawl all over the tent, and us, until almost 7. Here is Levi with his shoes ready to go outside. Levi and Aaron eating doughnuts in the morning.

Levi helping Daddy take down the tent. Check out the dirty face. Both kids were total dirtballs the minute we got out of the car.

Playing in the river. I tied a lanyard to Katie's life-vest and would send her downstream and then tow her back in. She had a great time as long as she didn't go too deep.

Katie using her Tinkerbell fishing pole. The girl can cast! She can make it about halfway out into the water. We have only used a plastic fish as weight so no real catches yet.

I was trying to hide behind Katie a little but not this much:)

Katie insists her life-vest be pulled so tightly she has a constant wedgie. Better too tight than too loose. Hopefully we will get to go camping at least one more time before the cool weather hits.He fell asleep halfway through his granola bar.


She made it about 5 minutes longer.

No comments: