Monday, February 27, 2012

Valentine's Day

I am playing catch up with pictures! Levi put lots of stickers on his Valentine's and then played on the floor. Notice the awesome mis-matched socks. Katie was very dedicated to making her cards this year. She had a blast.
I was a brave/crazy mom this year and gave her a bottle of glitter and told her to go for it. She did. We are still finding glitter everywhere. She was coated but loved it, of course.

We had a playgroup v-day party too. The kids got to decorate heart cookies. Levi loved the frosting.

Most of "the regulars." There are 4 babies crawling around on the floor too.

Yum!

Katie was very clever at trying to fit as much as she could on top of her cookie. I woke up on Valentine's and remembered I had forgotten to hide the kids' presents. My mom always had some kind of hunt for them and I wanted to continue that for the kids. I decided to make a string trail for the kids to follow and find gifts along the way.


Levi spent most of his time getting untangled.

Katie did a bit better and then just started walking around looking for presents holding the string instead of following it to the presents. The "Valentine Fairy" (Grandma) left breakfast and goodies outside for the kids.
Notice what Levi did when I said, "smile!"

Taylor and I made a crab dinner with cheesecake for dessert. All in all, just what we wanted for Valentine's Day.

2 comments:

Combs Family said...

Katie is so stinkin cute! Love the glitter picture!

Combs Family said...

Love the hunt idea!