This birthday feels really big to me. I don't know if it is the long legs, independence or the difference I see so literally between her and the baby in the house. We love Katie for so many reasons. She loves taking care of people. She is always ready to talk sweetly to Gray when he is crying, get Levi drinks or make him a sandwich, and snuggle with Taylor and I. She loves to tell us she loves us. Every night when she prays at dinner she says, "Dear God, thank for this day and thank you for my mom and dad. I love them so much." She wakes up with a joyful spirit. Every. Single. Day. Mommy could learn a lesson from her in this area. She comes bounding into our room telling us her clock turned green and doesn't stop talking for about 12 hours. She is the type of kid that can throw up every 15 minutes for 6 hours and never cry or complain even once. She loves to be independent and do things herself. Her self-confidence is strong. She loves to tell us all the things she is a "master" of. Example: After she slid down the playset sideways, doing the splits, and managed to land on her feet miraculously. "mommy, I am the master of getting down." She helps with chores, loves to feed the dog, make her bed, brush her hair, can write her name and most of the rest of the immediate and extended families names too. She is sounding out words and is so close to reading on her own. She loves riding her bike with training wheels, just went for her first horseback ride, (and had quite the good seat:), loves dressing up and showing us beautiful dances to this horrible Baby Einstein Classical cd. She asked Jesus into her heart this year and has a childlike faith that God uses to draw me closer to him through her. She forgives easily. Though it takes her a while to warm up to people, once you are on her "in-list" she will stick to you like glue. She is learning to "keep her horse on the path." Our code for not throwing huge fits. This 4th year with her has been such a joy. I am so blessed to be her Mom. I pray that the next year would grow her in her faith, joy, gentleness and knowledge. Our verse of dedication we pray over our kids is from Numbers and I pray it for her again for this year. Katie Madison, May the Lord bless you and keep you. May He make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you and give you strength. We love you sweetheart. Happy Birthday!
Celebrations from years past:
She's Here!http://taylorandbeckysfamily.blogspot.com/2008_04_01_archive.html
First Birthdayhttp://taylorandbeckysfamily.blogspot.com/2009/03/happy-first-birthday-katie.html
Second Birthdayhttp://taylorandbeckysfamily.blogspot.com/2010/03/birthday.html
Third Birthdayhttp://taylorandbeckysfamily.blogspot.com/2011/03/princess-tinkerbell-birthday-party.html
1 comment:
You inspire me to be a better mother....even at this late stage of the game. I am so proud of you
Post a Comment